Sunday 20 January 2013

San Serif On Red

Hi, M here!

I just wanted to start off my section of this blog by talking about my graduation film, San Serif on Red. It's a WWII short film about the creation of the Keep Calm and Carry On poster.



The story follows the life of Alfred Boone, a young aspiring artist and office clerk at the Ministry of Information. He was rejected from the army due to an eyesight condition called Glaucoma, which shows very few symptoms. His long term girlfriend, Vera Tully, is pregnant out of wedlock, but Alfred can't afford to support her or a family. At the office, his RAF war hero colleague Roger Clarke belittles him, implying he's a coward for not fighting in the war. When the opportunity for promotion comes up in the office, Roger and Alfred are in competition.
 At the climax of the film, Alfred reveals his true colours in a time of crisis, whilst it turns out Roger is deeply damaged by his experiences of war. The two learn to respect one another, and Alfred gets the promotion he requires to support Vera and his unborn child.

I'm the Director of Photography for the film, so I deal with all the visuals and camera/lighting work. It's immense fun and I'm really looking forward it!

There's more information about the film on the facebook page.

http://fb.me/SanSerifOnRed.

I look forward to showing you all when it's done!

M

No comments:

Post a Comment